Can I transfer from a UK university to one in New Zealand?

It is possible to transfer from a UK university to continue your studies in New Zealand.

In order to do this you would have to apply for recognition of the studies that you have already completed. This is called credit transfer. Credit transfer recognises previous study at another university and gives you points (credit) for this study towards the degree you are intending to study in New Zealand. Credit transfer can make a considerable difference to the number of courses you are required to take to complete your degree, and therefore the time that the qualification will take you.

If you want to apply for credit transfer you will be required to provide certified true copies of your transcripts for all successful completed tertiary (university or college) courses. A transcript is an official document from your current institution which states what courses you have taken and the marks that you got for each. You should also include course outlines for the study that you have completed (these do not have to be original copies, they can be downloaded from the university or college website) and an overview of the qualification you were studying towards, including an overview of the programme structure.

You should apply for credit when you make your application for admission to the New Zealand university. Applications for credit take longer to be assessed so it is essential that you apply a minimum of three months before the course starts.

It is important to note that it is unlikely that a student will be given full credit for the study that they have already completed due to the inevitable differences in the programme that you have studied and the one at the institution you wish to transfer to.

Study In Australia Website - Profiles of Australian Colleges and Information